Establishment of the Sri Lanka Cashew Corporation
Sri Lanka Cashew Corporation (SLCC) was established under the extra ordinary Gazette notification no. 60/7 of 25th May 1973, under the State Agricultural Corporation Act No. 11 of 1972. Since the establishment of the SLCC as a public enterprise, it provides services to the cashew industry while running commercial activities as well.
To become the leading and the best quality cashew producer and the exporter in the world.
To develop the cashew industry towards a long term commercial viability by providing professional guidance to farmers and to develop cashew cultivation, processing technology, value addition, research and market promotion.
Objectives of the Sri Lanka Cashew Corporation
- To undertake activities pertaining to the cultivation processing and marketing of cashew and cashew products.
- To undertake investigations and research with the object of improving the cultivation, processing and marketing of cashew and cashew products.
- To undertake and collaborate in the collection, preparation, publication and dissemination of technical, marketing and other information pertaining to the cultivation, processing and marketing of cashew and cashew products.
- To establish and assist in the establishment of infrastructure necessary for the purpose of development of cashew plantations, processing facilities and marketing.
- To take such steps as may be considered necessary to advertise and sell cashew products, to promote the demand for such products in the markets of the world and to initiate and sponsor the financing, supervision and supporting of propaganda work for such purpose or for other purpose connected therewith or incidental thereto.